R.S Mundle Dharampeth Arts and Commerce College is committed to the cause of Justice and Equality amongst all its stake holders. To ensure a Safe and harassment-free campus, the college has formed the Internal committee as a statutory body. Adhering to POSH 2013- The Sexual Harassments of Women at Work Place (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal) Act 2013 and UGC (Prevention, Prohibition and Redressal of Sexual Harassment of Women Employees and Students in Higher Educational Institutions) Regulations 2015, The formation of the committee is as per the guidelines and the mandate. The Committee, apart from having 50% of its members as women, headed by a female presiding officer, also has an NGO representative on its board.
Regular and timely meetings of the members are conducted to review the complaints, if any. Regular orientation and awareness campaigns enables dissemination of the ‘zero tolerance policy’ against any untoward incident harassment on the campus, amongst the faculty and the learners. The college also has a separate Women Development Cell (WDC) to sensitize its stake holders towards gender equality and justice. WDC organizes events, talks and workshops in collaboration with ICC of R.S Mundle Dharampeth Arts and Commerce College
R.S. Mundle Dharampeth Arts and Commerce College, Nagpur
Internal Complaints Redressal Committee/ Cell
As per the guidelines and notification of UGC and NAAC, the Institution has established an Internal Complaints Redressal Committee to provide a healthy and congenial atmosphere to the staff and students. The Committee has been directed to recognize the current situation of violence against women or any staff or student in the College Campus. The Cell has been further instructed to take necessary actions to prevent and eliminate harassment, misbehaviour and creation of trouble for women and all staff members. The Cell has been entrusted with powers of taking stern action against those found guilty and also against them who attempt to create disturbance.
The objectives of the Committee (ICC) are:
- To provide an impartial, confidential and supportive environment for all members of the campus community.
- To sternly deal with cases of discrimination and harassment of any kind against staff members and students, in a time bound manner, and ensuring support services to the victimized.
- To recommend appropriate punitive action against the guilty.
- To ensure equal access of all facilities and participation in activities of the college.
- To promote awareness about any kind of mental or physical harassment to staff through educational initiatives encouraging and foster a respectful and safe campus environment.
THE COMPOSITION OF ICC
a] Dr. Tanuja Nafde [ Principal and Chairperson]
b] Dr. Vishakha Joshi [ Presiding Officer]
c] Dr. Shubhangi Paranjape [ Secretary]
d] Dr. Manju Dubey [Member]
e] Dr. Prakash Sahare [ Member]
f] Dr. Mithila Wakhare [Member]
g] Mrs. Sunita Thaorey [ member]
h] Mr. Ankesh Shahu [ Member]
i] Adv.[Smt] Padma Chandekar [ NGO Member]